Monday, October 20, 2008

More selections

We now have all of the colors, tile, and choices complete from the 4 meetings we had with the interior decorator.

Flooring: we went over on our flooring allowance so we could have wood floors over the entire first floor except for the study.

Kitchen: we are getting corian (suede) on the perimeter, and granite (brown suede) on the island. I think this will look pretty good, and be very functional with the better material on the island workspace. I also reworked the range hood. I picked up a stainless chimney hood, and removed a cabinet above the range. This will have a much btter look in my opinion. Since I am doing the backsplash tile myself, the desgin center was able to create a contractor account for me to pick up the tile. We're going to try 13" tile laid on the diagnal, and the accent tile in the entire hood area, with smmaler squares throughout the field.

Bathroom: we went over on tile allowance just in the master bath alone, but I think it will look prety good. We have a ix of 6" and 12" planned for the floor, and 12" on diagonal as accents in the shower.

Everything else on paint was colors that fit into our allowance, and should look pretty good. We were allowed 4 colors in the house, and nothing in the 3 darkest shades out of about 7 colors. We ended adding an extra color for a fee to do our master bed/bath. For the price it was worth it.

Carpet was all basic grade, with upgraded pad, can always replace with wood or better grade as needed.

We have a friend who sells for Stanley Steemer in the wood flooring division, so we were able to get builder cost, I have yet to see how much that will save us, but that was the only way we were able to most of the first floor.

No comments: